Tuesday, December 1, 2009

2 out of 5 isn't AWFUL



I did go to bed by 10:00.

I did make AMAZING Mediterranean pasta.

We shall see about the rest. I work until 9:00pm today, so sadly, I don't get to try any new recipes tonight. But I will tell you about last night's recipe. I stole it straight from allrecipes.com and didn't change one thing. So they get 5 stars in my book. Not only that, but I stepped it up and took photos this time. I've discovered that the flash from my camera doesn't make much look appetizing, but this still looks delicious.

Cooks 4 servings (perfect for 2):
1 8oz package of linguine pasta
3 slices of bacon
1 pound boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
salt to taste
1 14.5 oz can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2/3 cup pitted black olives
1 6oz can artichoke hearts, drained

1. Cook the linguine as instructed on box and drain it.
2. Cook the three strips of bacon and drain, crumble, and set aside. We added the chicken to the bacon grease to cook it- it added a lot more flavor.
3. Stir in bacon with chicken in a large skillet. Add tomatoes and rosemary, and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in olives and artichoke hearts and cook until heated through. Toss with linguine and serve warm. You can add extra feta if you want. We didn't, we're lactose intolerant.

And I added photos this time. I'm getting decent at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment