Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Made-From-Scratch Spaghetti

I took yet another recipe from allrecipes.com and had another success. This time I put even more of a twist on it. Here's my recipe:

Made From Scratch Spaghetti

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 8oz cans tomato sauce (did you know that they make 8oz cans and 15 oz cans but not 16oz cans? Crazy, I know)
1/2 lb Jennie-O's Italian Flavored ground turkey
1/2 lb sweet sausage
one onion
two medium tomatoes
1 box spaghetti
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Worchestishire sauce *autocorrect can't even figure that one*
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tbs garlic salt

1. Cook spaghetti- add olive oil to taste
2. Brown sausage, turkey, and cut onions in a skillet until browned. Add tomatoes, spices, W-sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve!

Now, I know that ground meat and sausage normally comes in 1 lb packages. What I did to save some money is bought those packages, and froze the rest together so that I could use it next time. It was a really cheap meal too. I had the spices already, so I just had to buy the basics, and it was only $10 for the two of us!

Chris said, "I'm glad you added sausage." It was an amazing pasta, but it would've been quite bland without the sausage and the added spices (oregano, basil, and garlic). He even requested that I make it again (which is much better than "it's alright"). Coming from a husband with an Italian mother, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment