Saturday, December 19, 2009

Two New Dishes in ONE Day

The first was an epic fail. It was our take on a Margherita Pizza.

We bought pre-made dough, and put half a jar of Bertolli's Basil & Garlic Spaghetti Sauce on each 12 inch dough piece. Then we added spinach to one with 4 oz of mozzarella. To the other, we added 4 oz of mozzarella, 2 oz of feta, and 2 oz of shredded cheddar.

Let me tell you something: half a jar of spaghetti sauce is a FREAKING lot. It was all sauce. I mean, it didn't taste terrible, but it was NOT my favorite.

Photobucket

Our second attempt was the "Super BLT" (recipe from Allrecipes.com). We made thick Applewood bacon, and put cream cheese on one side of the sandwich and guacamole on the other side, with the bacon, lettuce, and tomato in the middle. Now this, I could get behind. I thought it was a bizarre recipe (and it is), but it was actually pretty decent.

Photobucket

And just for the hell of it, what happens when Chris and I cook together:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Lesson of the day: part of the beauty of being domesticated is having someone to fail with.

No comments:

Post a Comment