Sunday, December 6, 2009

Chicken Cordon Bleu

So today was the real test as to whether or not the food I'd been making Chris all week ACTUALLY tasted good. His parents came over. After hours of cleaning and prepping, they tried the chicken cordon bleu. Showed below, I did it with the same rice and veggies that I did the other day (hey, they're my safety sides, don't judge). I do want to add: I burnt my hand on the top of the oven today. Oh the pains that we'll go to in order to make a delicious dinner. In all seriousness: it blistered and it hurts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Chicken Cordon Bleu

6 boneless chicken breasts
1/8 tbs ground pepper
1/8 tbs ground Italian seasoning
9 slices of Swiss cheese
6 slices of honey ham
6 pieces of bacon
1 cup bread crumbs
2 eggs
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbs lemon juice

1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 7 x 11 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness
3. Dip chicken in eggs, then place on a plate with the bread crumbs spread on it to get the bread crumbs spread evenly on one side. Add to the side facing up the Italian seasoning and pepper, then one piece of ham and one piece of swiss. Roll up and add bacon on top. Secure with toothpick and place into pan. Repeat for however many chickens you need. Sprinkle extra bread crumbs on top in pan if necessary.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes until there is no pink on the chicken. Add half a slice of swiss on top and put back in oven to melt for another 3-4 minutes.

Serve!

It was awesome. The in-laws loved it, and the stress of the day is officially over.

On a lighter note: buying a car in the rain = not intelligent. I found a HUGE scratch around my tires that we couldn't see yesterday. Sad, but luckily the car is a color that you don't really notice it. I may or may not get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment