Thursday, December 3, 2009

Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken

...wrapped in bacon. I know, amazing, right? Chris LOVED it. And it was really easy and surprisingly cheap. This is another recipe that I got from allrecipes.com except I used the fresh minced Roasted garlic instead of garlic cloves. Thought it would be more delicious. Can we talk about how disgusting it looks in pictures?? It was, in fact, fantastic, though.

Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1.5 lb chicken breast (for us, that was three), butterflied
1 tbs McCormicks' fresh minced Roasted Garlic
1 tbs McCormicks' grinding Italian seasoning
1/3 cup feta
1/2 cup mayo
1 package frozen spinach (10oz)
6 pieces of bacon (2 per chicken breast)

1. Set oven to 375
2. Mix feta, mayo, spinach, roasted garlic, and italian seasoning in a mixing bowl.
3. Butterfly each chicken breast, ensuring that you don't cut right it in half.
4. Spoon feta/spinach mixture into the middle.
5. Wrap bacon around the chicken to keep it all in place.
6. Place in a clear, shallow pan, and place a toothpick in the center just in case.
7. Bake for 60 minutes.

I cheated with the sides- I just did zucchini and squash with some butter and Italian seasoning and did one of those packages of the "Chicken & Broccoli" Rice Sides. Don't judge me- I'm not down to cooking the entire meal by scratch yet. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment