Friday, December 11, 2009

Devils Food Cream Pies

Photobucket

I got the recipe from allrecipes.com and I didn't change a thing. Why? Because #1: I do not bake. #2: Could not have Chris joke me for disgusting desserts.

BUT I just tried one and they're awesome. Chris isn't home yet for the awesome dinner that I'm going to make him, but I thought I'd post the recipe here for dessert first:

2 18.25 oz boxes of Devils' food cake mix
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
1 container of cream cheese frosting

1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix everything but the frosting together in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry blender until it's mixed. I know, never heard of one of those? Me either. I got all the ingredients and then luckily read the recipe again before I went home. Had to go to Wal-Mart to buy one. Don't worry, they're only $6 and look like this:



2. Once it's nicely blended, put quarter-sized round balls (insert dirty joke here) on nonstick, nongreased cookie sheets. Make sure you have an even number.

3. Put them in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for 5-6 minutes, then add icing and create cookie sandwiches.

That mixture makes two batches, so I'm going to have a ton, and plan on bringing them over to Chris' parents house tomorrow. Word to the wise: they're rich. If we weren't lactose intolerant, they'd be AWESOME as a "devils food cream pie ice cream sundae".

No comments:

Post a Comment