Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lasagna

This one I'm proud to say I came up with myself, and Chris LOVED it. It was a delicious lasagna recipe that I may just be in love with. Like, we're getting married and having babies in love with. Here goes:

Ingredients
1/2 lb sausage (any kind, we used mild breakfast sausage)
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 26 oz jar chunky sauce
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 8oz package lasagna noodles
1 15oz container cottage cheese (fat free)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded parmesan

1. Brown meat then stir in with pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Combine cottage cheese with seasoning.
2. Preheat oven to 375. Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of dish. Top with three noodles. Cover with 1/3 C cottage cheese mix, 1/2 cup mozz, and 1 cup sauce. Repeat. Top with parmesan.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.

Seriously, delicious. And I'm fairly certain that I'll be using the sauce recipe for the baked ziti from now on. DELICIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment