Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Resolution

My new years resolution is to cook 4 new recipes a week, which means that I should be blogging at least four times a week. Ideally.

Tonight we tried Basil Burgers, another allrecipes.com recipe, and I failed yet again. The recipe, I'm sure is good, and I followed all but one thing. Instead of cooking it outside, I cooked it on our stove. Here's the recipe, C&Ped for your liking. It's definitely worth trying... just don't cook it on the stove, then realize the middle's not cooked, and then nuke it in the microwave so its drier than it would've been (basil tries it out).

Here ya go:

Ingredients:
1 1/4 pounds ground beef
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 hamburger buns, split

Recipe:
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
2. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, basil, garlic salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 burger patties.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate, and cook burgers about 6 minutes, turning once, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), or to desired doneness. Serve on hamburger buns.

We added ketchup and mustard to our burgers, and actually ate them on potato rolls (which we prefer). Chris liked them, but said next time that HE'D be cooking them on the charcoal grill outside. Womp womp.

Tomorrow I'm getting some mouth surgery, so I may not be making anything fantastic unless I can find an amazing soft recipe. But really, should you be cooking medicated? We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs* hope the surgery goes well!

    I used an allrecipes.com recipe tonight that went VERY well - Cornish game hens stuffed w/wild rice and roasted sweet potatoes and onions on the side. Healthy and extremely yummy.

    ReplyDelete