Sunday, November 29, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie Stew

with 8 servings (which we all know means 4).

here's what's in it:
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
5 red potatoes, quartered
4 carrots, chopped
3 pieces of celery, chopped
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of water
1 can mixed vegetables, drained
1 tbs celery salt
1 tbs garlic salt
1 tbs black pepper
1 tsp bay leaves
1 tsp dill

Instructions:
1. Cut up chicken, then cook it. I added a little lemon juice for flavor.
2. Put fresh vegetables, cream of chicken soup, spices, and chicken in the slow cooker. I cooked on high (I have a relatively small slow cooker) for 4.5 hours.
3. Add mixed vegetables, drained, to the slow cooker. Continue to cook for 45 minutes.

Eat it. I took a picture, but to be truthful, it sort of just looked like vomit to me. We ate it with rolls, and it tasted alright, but it was definitely missing something. I took the recipe from allrecipes.com and added a couple of spices since I could tell it was going to be bland, but STILL missing something. My husband says next time I try it, I should change it up. I get the feeling this means that I won't be trying it again.

Seriously, my biggest gripe with slow cookers and crock pots is that it takes forever and you don't even know if it's going to taste good. Again, it didn't taste bad, but was it worth 6 hours of prep and cooking? Definitely not.

No comments:

Post a Comment